Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Bad, The Sad, The Ugly...The Unidentifiable!! The WORST of Mabee

How to Eat Well in Any Campus Dining Hall
If you are struggling to eat right at Mabee here are some tips that I hope will help you! 




















The Bad
Ewww
It was an ordinary day as I set out for another cuisine adventure in Mabee Dining Hall, or so I thought! After a somewhat adequate sandwich I decided to be healthy and go for the fruit line instead of the desserts. Good for me right?! WRONG! As I peeled open a banana I was pleasantly surprised. And this is why we freshmen gain the freshman 15 because our cafeterias serve us tainted bananas.





The Sad
Yellow Lettuce 
Isn't lettuce supposed to be green?! Every time I get a salad this is what I'm left with- the least nutritious and most dirty looking "lettuce" pieces. Where I come from lettuce is green.








The Ugly
SOY SOY SOY!
On the rare occasions Mabee offers fish it is either battered fried or, in this other extreme case, SWIMMING in soy sauce! I'm sorry Mabee, but no matter how much sodium you drench your "fish" in, it will never taste good.








The Unidentifiable 
???
I'll give someone $50 if they can correctly identify this UFO (Unidentifiable Food Item). I found this treasure in the sandwich line but I don't know if it was supposed to be there or not! My best guess to what it is: some oozing jelly substance with peanuts wrapped in wheat tortilla? I'm open to suggestions. But what puzzles me almost more than this UFO is the fact that there are only 3 left!! Who would eat this/that/it?






Creative Commons License
Banana by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Creative Commons License
Lettuce by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Creative Commons License
Soy by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Creative Commons License
UFO by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment