Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Good Ole' Mabee Twist

The Twist

Pico De Gallo Pizza
Since the beginning of my first semester here at Trinity University I have been exposed to many different types of adventures. One of these that ceases to befuddle me would be from Mabee Dining Hall. Specifically, the food combinations they come up with. I don't know if they pursue crazy combos because they are running out of ideas or running out of ingredients but i'm here to tell you that it is not okay. Today I would like to share with you two of their most recent unlikely combo surprises: pico de gallo pizza and broccoli grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Pizza con pico de gallo?!

This is a first for me. Don't get me wrong, I love pico de gallo and I love pizza... separately. But mixing them together?! I don't think so, Mabee! Mexican and Italian foods are the epitome of polar opposite cuisines and it puts both to shame when combined with the other. Maybe they were just trying to spice it up (pun intended) but this combo is NOT the answer.

Broccoli + cheese = a sandwich?

Broccoli...mmmm
Grilled cheese is a celebrated food for all ages because of its sear simplicity and comfort. Who doesn't like grilled cheese? But leave it to the Mabee twist to take this away from starving, sleep deprived college students. Broccoli is green, therefore it does not belong in the greasy, fatty goodness of a grilled cheese. People eat grilled cheese as comfort food, not to get nutrients and eat healthier. Therefore I ask Mabee to reconsider such bold combinations for the sake of my peers and their taste buds.












Creative Commons License
Pico Pizza by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
Broccoli by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment