Thursday, February 13, 2014

Really Mabee?!...REALLY?!

INTRO
In this first blog post I would like to begin with this: my mother is a fabulous cook! Ever since I've come to Trinity I dream about her Mediterranean cuisine of goodness on a daily basis. I don't know what quite makes it so delicious, maybe it's the seasoning, the love she puts into it, the warm smells it emits, or even just the freshness of the ingredients? Whatever it is, I miss it! Unfortunately, however, thanks to Mabee Dinning Hall and all our Air mark pals, my "food"-sickness [forget about homesickness!] is reaching a dangerous level. Therefore, instead of allowing myself to be consumed by severe food-sickness, I have decided to share my thoughts with my fellow suffering peers in hopes of overcoming this sickness one mystery meal at a time.
Mabee Dining Hall-where the magic happens!

 CHICKEN NUGGETS...REALLY?!   
Since my four months at Trinity I quickly discovered one of Mabee's signature tactics: use "chicken" nuggets in EVERYTHING! Just the other day I counted two dishes at the same time containing chicken nuggets in one form or another. Don't get me wrong, everyone loves the concept of a chicken nugget. But that would imply that 1) the nugget actually contains chicken instead of a spongy gray substance, 2) they chicken to be at least warm- cold unidentified meat is never good, and/or 3) they are served with other appropriate foods of the same nugget status (see nugget pasta for example) there is no good way to dress up nuggets. Why can't Mabee except this? One last thing I would like to discuss while we're on the topic of nugget overuse: who said that three nuggets were the maximum amount one can consume in one period of time? If you haven't notices, Mabee always serves their nuggets in sets of three. All I have to say about this: three is not the magic number! They probably think they are so sneaky with such "variety" but oh no...we're on to you Mabee! Below are just a few select nugget dishes captioned with my best interpretation of what you are eating. 
Tiny nugget sandwich with cheese and marinara on a super white enriched bun??  
                                            
Nuggets with cold, congealed pasta sprinkled with
 green onions and parsley to look classy??


Creative Commons License
Chicken Nugget Sandwich by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
Fancy Nuggets by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
Mabee Dining Hall by Elena Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment